Patio de Banderas

The poet-king Al-palace Mutamid's remains have been discovered in a building in the Banderas courtyard, number 8.

An altarpiece depicting the Immaculate Conception from the last third of the 17th century can be found in the gate of the wall that leads to the courtyard of Banderas from the Plaza del Triunfo.

The Patio de Banderas contains the entrance to the Apeadero del Alcázar. The Apeadero is a columned rectangular hall. Philip III built it in the 17th century. It was designed by Vermondo Resta and built in 1609 by the mason Pedro Martn, the carpenter Alonso Durán, and the stonemason Diego de Carballo. Vermondo Resta designed the Mannerism-style façade, which was built by Diego de Carballo in 1607. The Royal Armoury was built here by Philip V. In 1729, Ignacio de Sala and Juan Vergel renovated the room for this purpose. The façade now sports a royal coat of arms. An altarpiece from the last third of the 17th century depicts the presentation of the Virgin Mary in the Temple of Jerusalem in the Apeadero.

Article obtained from Wikipedia article Wikipedia in his version of 19/10/2022, by various authors under the license Licencia de Documentación Libre GNU.